How To Take A Fingerprint for Fingerprint Jewellery with Materials You Have at Home.
We create a whole collection of fingerprint jewellery in sterling silver and solid gold. To create your custom fingerprint necklace you need a fingerprint!
Follow this simple step-by-step process to take a clear, accurate fingerprint with materials you can find at home.
What you need:
a finger, thumb, or toe!
1. On a clean, white sheet of paper, color in a solid square with a soft lead pencil.
2. Make sure finger is clean and dry.
3. Rub the finger over the square.
4. Cover the finger in pencil lead.
5. Place a flat piece of tape sticky side up and press the finger onto the tape.
6. Peel the tape off the finger and stick it to a clean part of the white paper.
Take a few prints and choose the most clear and detailed print. You can take a clear, focused and brightly lit photograph of your fingerprint and email that photo to us, or you can scan the images, then email those.
Here are a few examples of what we can do with a fingerprint!
Heart made from Mom and Dad's fingerprints combined:
Solid Gold Fingerprint Jewellery:
Oxidized Thumbprint Jewellery
Personalized Memorial Fingerprint Necklace
Check out the whole collection of fingerprint jewellery made from a flat print here.
To get started creating custom fingerprint jewellery, order your favorite design then email us your fingerprint, and reference your order number in the email.